Hey Anna Lena

Moderator: Eoin

Re: Hey Anna Lena

Postby VocalicPage » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:16 pm

Ohhh... I have never heard that called a "lilo" before. Color me American? I learn something new every day.

That does kind of add to the childlike quality of the lyrics, doesn't it? I think I like the song even better now. :)
VocalicPage

Postby Mully » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:40 pm

VocalicPage wrote:Ohhh... I have never heard that called a "lilo" before. Color me American? I learn something new every day.

New stuff rocks !!

Its a brand name for an Air Mattress that is now taken as default over this side ... Kinda like Hoover, Sellotape, Aspirin, Tipp-Ex, Kleenex, Band-Aid etc.
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby VocalicPage » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:16 am

The more I listen to this song, the more I love it--the song itself, anyway. I think "charming" is the best word to describe it. One thing keeps nagging at me though, and that's the vocals. The singing just isn't quite what it could be, especially at the very beginning of the song. It's almost like they recorded it first thing, before Paul was warmed up (if you're a singer, you'll know what I mean?) I normally love his voice, so it kind of pains me to be critical of it. I just keep thinking this song could have benefitted from doing another take in the studio.
VocalicPage

Previous

Return to The BellyBoard