Velcro

Moderator: Eoin

Velcro

Postby johnny » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:28 pm

I was at oxegen and can remember them playing velcro an thought it was class and ive watched da video on youtube live from oxegen about 100 times and was really looking foward 2 hearing the recorded version of it, an when I finally heard it, i was not impressed..... ive never went against bell x1, ive always stood by dem but i have a feeling dis album is going 2 be very very very different and people wont lik der stuff anymore.....wat ye think?
johnny

Re: Velcro

Postby VocalicPage » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:51 pm

I like both versions of Velcro, actually. When I first heard it live ("acoustic-ish"), I wasn't so madly in love with it. The album version is really sticking with me, though. As in, driving-me-crazy-on-repeat-in-my-head-please-release-this-album-soon-so-I-can-listen-to-it-properly.

The song I really loved in its acoustic-ish version was Safer than Love. I'm a little anxious about what they've done with it in the studio, especially after reading this little snippet.
(http://www.yeproc.com/artist_info.php?artistId=11735)

"Safer than Love," sees the band in full electro mode, and could be the band's "Dylan goes Electric" moment... "Yea, we're bracing ourselves for rioting in the aisles with that one", laughs Noonan. "We really resisted the urge to add more organic elements to it. It just felt so complete without those in it's crap home made-ness. I'm interested to see how people take to it."

The last time I read a quote like that from Paul, the song in question was One-Stringed Harp. I had an incredibly visceral reaction to that song on first listen, and it wasn't a positive one. Now that I've had some time with it, I'd say it's one of my favorites. So, here's hoping... :D
VocalicPage

Re: Velcro

Postby The Late Defector » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:45 pm

For any UK or European fans out there, who don't have access to Itunes Ireland, Velcro is now available to download from Play.com for a mere seventy-nine pennies (or the Euro cent equivalent) :D
The Late Defector

Return to The BellyBoard