4-Minute Mile video

Moderator: Eoin

4-Minute Mile video

Postby Colm » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:32 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBh6G26-KAY

Reminds me a bit of the video for Ribs Of A Broken Umbrella, directed by the same guy.
"If all time was but a day,
We'd show up around midnight and say hey"
Colm

Re: 4-Minute Mile video

Postby Mully » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:17 pm

Me no likies ... I think the directors style suits his photography, but not for a film.

It feels more like an Art Installation than a music video ... Its not something I would revisit for a viewing , or if it popped up on a tv show :cry:
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Rocky » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:41 pm

I hated it too and immediately forgot about it until now.
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Aoife » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:51 pm

From a technical point of view I think the video's pretty cool. Maybe it doesn't quite fit the song though?

The song itself is one of the catchiest things they've done in ages. Great bassline. Go Dom.
Aoife

Postby Mully » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:21 pm

Aoife wrote:From a technical point of view I think the video's pretty cool. Maybe it doesn't quite fit the song though?

The song itself is one of the catchiest things they've done in ages. Great bassline. Go Dom.

Yeah, I don't think it sits well with the song.

Agreed its technically impressive, but ...
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Nathalie » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:42 am

Like the video but think this song has so much to offer video wise that somehow it is a bit of a shame to reuse a similar style. but again, if they like it, that's good with me. they can do whatever. my Kildare kings. yes, i'm madly in love with them again today. like in the good old times. and still missing Crosby so much. some things will never change. :)
And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we're standing there alone.
Nathalie

Postby Mully » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:46 pm

Nathalie wrote:Like the video but think this song has so much to offer video wise .

Would agree ... I see someone has thrown together a montage video. That is similar to what I'd have done ... The lads in front of a Green Screen with these events going on behind him. Open for a some good natured humour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3NiE5Ih_AM
Mully

Postby Colm » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:33 pm

That's more like it!
"If all time was but a day,
We'd show up around midnight and say hey"
Colm

Postby Nathalie » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:39 am

I know. Great video! Some work in it. Very smart.
And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we're standing there alone.
Nathalie

Postby Mully » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:52 am

Saw the lads on Tuesday ... only noticed that there is no guitar in this song. Dave is playing bass, Dom is on keyboard/knob twiddling duties.

Seeing the way Dave plays the bass for this reminded me of this clip ... Flithy !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsKdhIjukjM
Mully

Return to The BellyBoard