UK gigs

Moderator: Eoin

UK gigs

Postby Mully » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:16 am

I will be at the Manchester one ...

Bush Hall Shepherds Bush, Lond MON 05/12/2011
The Deaf Institute Manchester TUE 06/12/2011

http://www.gigsandtours.com/gat/event.a ... r2=gtemail
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Re: UK gigs

Postby malarkey94 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:35 pm

Obviously delighted when I found out about the UK tour, but immediately disappointed once more once I went on to ticketmaster. You see, I'n 17 ad live in glasgow, and started going to gigs about two years ago, bell x1 are my favourite band, so when their first date in glasgow came up, i booked two tickets right away, then found out it was an over 18's, so my lovely parents took the tickets and went themselves, thankfully thought, they came back around 6 months later, so once more i bought tickets, but two days before the gig my grandfather passed away, and off to ireland I was for his funeral. last time they came, I thought third time lucky, surely? but no, over 18's gig, I was 16 and it was the middle of my exams, so none of my friends would risk it with me. This time, once again, its an over 18's venue, my dad reckons I'll get in, but I'm not so sure, anyone go to their last one in king tuts? what do you think? If I didnt shave for a month beforehand would I stand a chance? :lol:
malarkey94

Postby Rocky » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:49 am

malarkey94 wrote:Obviously delighted when I found out about the UK tour, but immediately disappointed once more once I went on to ticketmaster. You see, I'n 17 ad live in glasgow, and started going to gigs about two years ago, bell x1 are my favourite band, so when their first date in glasgow came up, i booked two tickets right away, then found out it was an over 18's, so my lovely parents took the tickets and went themselves, thankfully thought, they came back around 6 months later, so once more i bought tickets, but two days before the gig my grandfather passed away, and off to ireland I was for his funeral. last time they came, I thought third time lucky, surely? but no, over 18's gig, I was 16 and it was the middle of my exams, so none of my friends would risk it with me. This time, once again, its an over 18's venue, my dad reckons I'll get in, but I'm not so sure, anyone go to their last one in king tuts? what do you think? If I didnt shave for a month beforehand would I stand a chance? :lol:

For some reason, reading that I assumed you were a girl :D
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Mully » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:37 am

malarkey94 wrote:Obviously delighted when I found out about the UK tour, but immediately disappointed once more once I went on to ticketmaster. You see, I'n 17 ad live in glasgow, and started going to gigs about two years ago, bell x1 are my favourite band, so when their first date in glasgow came up, i booked two tickets right away, then found out it was an over 18's, so my lovely parents took the tickets and went themselves, thankfully thought, they came back around 6 months later, so once more i bought tickets, but two days before the gig my grandfather passed away, and off to ireland I was for his funeral. last time they came, I thought third time lucky, surely? but no, over 18's gig, I was 16 and it was the middle of my exams, so none of my friends would risk it with me. This time, once again, its an over 18's venue, my dad reckons I'll get in, but I'm not so sure, anyone go to their last one in king tuts? what do you think? If I didnt shave for a month beforehand would I stand a chance? :lol:

I'd get 2 tickets & bring you Dad along ... I'm sure the doorstaff wouldn't be in a rush to check you then.
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby shiv » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:34 pm

Planning on going to the london one......bush hall site says door sales only. Is this usual for this venue. what are the london crowds usually like? Will I have to be there mad early? This will be the first time i see them outside ireland
shiv

Return to The BellyBoard