Sugar High video

Postby Colm » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:06 pm

"If all time was but a day,
We'd show up around midnight and say hey"
Colm

Re: Sugar High video

Postby Eoin » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:29 pm

I'm liking it. :)

Though Dave at 1:35 - 1:38 made me laugh in the wrong way. Slow motion from the middle of a held note = fail.
Eoin

Postby Nathalie » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:55 pm

mmm... i've mixed feelings about it.

i like it aesthetically. simple and vivid. At the same time, i find the idea quite close to what that lad did with the 4mn mile video. showing precisely on video what the lyrics say. Plus, having such an explicit video, i find it makes it too simple. there's an element of "just in case some might not understand the lyrics". A bit documentary-ish. anyway. always good to have a new bellx1 video to share on fb. :)

Which brings this to my mind.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/36214 ... al-version
And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we're standing there alone.
Nathalie

Postby Rocky » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:57 am

I dislike it... again. So much more they could have done. Especially with that song. Oh well.
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Eoin » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:12 pm

Nathalie wrote:i like it aesthetically. simple and vivid. At the same time, i find the idea quite close to what that lad did with the 4mn mile video. showing precisely on video what the lyrics say.

Hmm, would agree with that alright. I thought it started well but then some of the imagery gets a bit too literal. Also the third screen of the quote at the end goes by too fast. :o

The video is all shot very nice and cleanly, it looks well. But I kinda wish it had showed them performing in real-time, seeing slow motion shots out of time with the music always jars a little.

I still like it though.
Eoin

Return to The BellyBoard