Live acts 2012

Moderator: Eoin

Re: Live acts 2012

Postby Colm » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:36 pm

That sounds about right, I think the lines were by John McGahern, something about the beauty or importance of a man eating an egg or a woman combing her hair.
"If all time was but a day,
We'd show up around midnight and say hey"
Colm

Postby Mully » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:05 pm

Have a good week lined up for Feb ... I am Kloot, followed bt Frightened Rabbit w/ Wintersleep.

Oh, hello again folks. Been a while.
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Nathalie » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:46 am

Thanks Colm. I didn't know him, but again i'm not very good with Irish literature. Shame on me, i know (to my defence, I'm reading a lot in French. Searching for lost time with Proust at the moment.)

And Mully, hello indeed. But please don't mention gigs for 2013. Seeing how we're heavily sinking in recession, i don't even want to think of the money i will have left to go to gigs next year... :| *December budget comes to mind*
And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we're standing there alone.
Nathalie

Postby trickster » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:35 am

Pretty full looking 2013 for me already with gigs.

Paul Banks, Everything Everything, Foals and Biffy Clyro already got.
"I'm love me, love me, love me, i'm a small bit of a prick, i got the meat sweats from this real politic"
trickster

Postby Mully » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:59 pm

Glen Hansard, Willy Mason & Dinosar Jr now added.

Must. Put. Wallet. Away.
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Mully » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:43 pm

Went to see David Kitt in Sheffield at the weekend ... The local ticket promoter had described him as 'up & coming'. Bless.
Mully

Postby Darren » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:15 pm

glasvegas in whelans I hope.
WEB: dizmonster.eu |TWITTER: @dizmonster
Darren

Re: Live acts 2013

Postby Rocky » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:51 pm

Did we really never make a Live Acts 2013 thread?

Anyway, I'm going to see the boys in October in Boston or Cambridge or wherever it is that they're playing As far as i can tell it's another new venue which is cool. Since I've been here, I don't think they've played the same place twice
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby peepingtom » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:38 pm

just booked for Mark Lanegan .... BOOM!
__________________________________________________________________________________
peepingtom

Postby Mully » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:07 pm

peepingtom wrote:just booked for Mark Lanegan .... BOOM!

The 20yr retromania cycle continues ... I have Soundgarden, Alice in Chains & Lanegan rolling into town soon enough. rockin' like its 1993.
Mully

Postby peepingtom » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:50 am

Mully wrote:

The 20yr retromania cycle continues ... I have Soundgarden, Alice in Chains & Lanegan rolling into town soon enough. rockin' like its 1993.

Alice in chains are over here???

I'll be seeing Soundgarden too ..... the mid nineties was pretty special in fairness. Loved Screaming Trees, but marks Solo work is petty darn good!!
__________________________________________________________________________________
peepingtom

Postby Mully » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:44 am

peepingtom wrote:
Mully wrote:

Alice in chains are over here???

I'll be seeing Soundgarden too ..... the mid nineties was pretty special in fairness. Loved Screaming Trees, but marks Solo work is petty darn good!!

AiC are on a UK tour, not sure if its landing into the Point or not.

Never took The Screaming Trees, but have loved most of Lanegans other stuff, particularly what he did with Greg Dulli. The Gutter Twins in the Ambassador was a top top gig.
Mully

Postby Rocky » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:09 pm

Going to see Little Green Cars in Cambridge next week. I've known of them for a while and like what I've heard so I said I'd give it a go. After I booked the tickets, I realized that it's the same venue as I'll be going to see the boys in a few weeks and Kodaline at there a few days later and And So I Watch You From Afar are there a few weeks after that so that may well become my favorite venue in Boston/Cambridge now. Good to see so many Irish acts trying to break the States though.
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Rocky » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:38 pm

I cannot recollect how many times I've seen the lads live. I can only think of 9 previous times but I'm quite sure there is more than that. I thought I was around the 12 or 13 mark at this point but either my memory is failing me or I'm not as prolific as I thought.
Rocky

Previous

Return to The BellyBoard