Live acts 2012

Moderator: Eoin

Re: Live acts 2012

Postby Nathalie » Tue May 08, 2012 4:39 pm

:lol: i know Rocky. And already, i'm wondering if i will go. Might with the day tickets. I just can't hack that camping thing. Honestly.

Anyway. Finally going to see Lianne La Havas the beautiful, tomorrow at the Academy, Dublin. There are still tickets left and i strongly recommend you go. You won't regret seeing that little woman live.
And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we're standing there alone.
Nathalie

Postby Rocky » Wed May 09, 2012 12:41 am

Strongly considering Norah Jones at the beginning of July and possibly Rufus Wainwright/Ingrid Michaelson at the end of July. I desperately want to like Rufus so I figure if I see him live I might and while I wouldn't be a huge Ingrid fan, she is pretty funny and puts on a good show. And the girlfriend is mad to go too. That's all I have in the possible pipeline for now
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Mully » Sat May 12, 2012 7:59 pm

Rocky wrote:Strongly considering Norah Jones

Spoken like a red blooded male !!
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Mully » Sat May 12, 2012 8:01 pm

Going to see Gemma Hayes in a church next week & then 'Best Coast' next month ... I do indeed wish I was her boyfriend !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqphb_WM1rM
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Nathalie » Mon May 14, 2012 10:40 pm

Not a gig although there will be some classical music played. Going to see the Infernal Comedy with John Malkovich at the end of the month. Can't wait to see Valmont in the flesh (even if he plays a dead serial killer in this). And for once, the NCH is sold out. I'll tell you how brilliant it was. :)

On a different note, bumped into Lianne La Havas on my way to her gig last week. Tiny cute woman. Very friendly (yeah, got the pic with her and all. you know me.) And what an amazing voice she has live. Debut album in July.
Nathalie

Postby Colm » Tue May 15, 2012 2:52 pm

Mully wrote:Going to see Gemma Hayes in a church next week & then 'Best Coast' next month ... I do indeed wish I was her boyfriend !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqphb_WM1rM

You're not alone there!

Have no gigs until July, but there's the small matter of the euros before then! :)
"If all time was but a day,
We'd show up around midnight and say hey"
Colm

Postby Nathalie » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:58 pm

It's soon back to school and i'm bringing my daughter to see Lady Gaga next September. Not a super fan but she's good, i'll concede that. First time in Aviva stadium too. On that same night, and for the same money, i could have gone to see Leonard Cohen. Not a fan either but wouldn't mind seeing him at least once.
Nathalie

Postby Rocky » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:32 pm

Finally, finally, FINALLY going to see Glen Hansard on Sept. 18th and the Bellies on 27th (day after my birthday woooo)
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Nathalie » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:49 am

It's gig week! Roll on saturday night in Vicar St with the boys... :D

And probably my last gig of the year.
Nathalie

Postby Nathalie » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:32 pm

Thank you so much for another great gig last night. It really feels like home to be in the same room as you bellexian people. :D
Beautiful song variations. Paul at the piano, i mean, can it get sexier than that? *thoughts of Brian Crosby at a piano come to mind*. And was really pleased to see Dom in the front, singing. More of that please. Nice dark voice. Don't know why but Johnny Cash is who i thought of when he sang.

Much love to all those involved. It was perfect.
Nathalie

Postby Colm » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:34 pm

Agreed, great stuff as usual. Great to hear Dom singing on Mystery Girl! Slowset and In Every Sunflower were a bit special as well. No mention of a new album, but the two new songs sounded really good.

Setlist:

Bad Skin Day
Velcro
How Your Heart Is Wired
Next To You
Rocky Took A Lover (with a snippet of Today by The Smashing Pumpkins)
Motorcades
Offshore
Nightwatchmen
Flame

Snakes & Snakes
Built To Last
My First Born For A Song
Eve, The Apple Of My Eye
Alphabet Soup
A Thousand Little Downers
The Great Defector
In Every Sunflower

Slowset
Mystery Girl
"If all time was but a day,
We'd show up around midnight and say hey"
Colm

Postby Nathalie » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:47 pm

And good to know where the "eating an egg" line is coming from. Makes it easier to sing it... (I kept being stuck on that one, not knowing what to think of it, so thanks for the explanation).
Nathalie

Postby Mr Benn » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:28 pm

Nathalie wrote:And good to know where the "eating an egg" line is coming from. Makes it easier to sing it... (I kept being stuck on that one, not knowing what to think of it, so thanks for the explanation).

Do tell...
"Your skin is something that I stir into my tea"
Joanna Newsom

Mr Benn

Postby Rocky » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:15 pm

Mr Benn wrote:
Nathalie wrote:And good to know where the "eating an egg" line is coming from. Makes it easier to sing it... (I kept being stuck on that one, not knowing what to think of it, so thanks for the explanation).

Do tell...

Do tell, indeed
Rocky

Postby Nathalie » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:36 pm

You're asking this to probably the only non native english speaker in the room.
Paul said he got those two lines out of a guy, a writer i'm assuming, (sorry, can't remember his name) who basically writes and comments about the beauty of everyday things (is it correct so far Teacher Noonan?), like "combing your hair, or eating an egg". And Paul liked the lines so he put them in the song (and he probably likes the idea of enjoying little life details, blablabla...)
Now, i'm sure someone will be able to elaborate a bit more on mon introduction d'explication littéraire. :roll:
Nathalie

PreviousNext

Return to The BellyBoard