Field Recordings (Bell X1 acoustic album)

Moderator: Eoin

Re: Field Recordings (Bell X1 acoustic album)

Postby pigography » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:16 am

Oh no, you dilly-dallied?
"Cos every moment is a Bell X1 moment" - Rocky
Pigography = Sylvia
pigography

Postby Niftium » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:37 am

Anybody Stateside get theirs yet? I'd thought the release day delivery bit was true for all countries, but perhaps not.
Niftium

Postby Mully » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:05 am

pigography wrote:Oh no, you dilly-dallied?

I did dilly-dally & its a life lesson. For us all.

To be fair, looking at the photos on the albums page, the all seem pretty recent photos, which I am okay to be without. I'd like to have seen 10yrs of photos.

Well thats what I'm telling myself & I'm sticking to it ...
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Rocky » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:21 pm

Niftium wrote:Anybody Stateside get theirs yet? I'd thought the release day delivery bit was true for all countries, but perhaps not.

I'm still waiting anyway. I'll blame the weekend for now
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby pigography » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:36 pm

Mully wrote:I did dilly-dally & its a life lesson. For us all.

To be fair, looking at the photos on the albums page, the all seem pretty recent photos, which I am okay to be without. I'd like to have seen 10yrs of photos.

Well thats what I'm telling myself & I'm sticking to it ...

I'm enjoying the photobook, however I wish the photos had captions. Ah well.

Rocky wrote:
Niftium wrote:Anybody Stateside get theirs yet? I'd thought the release day delivery bit was true for all countries, but perhaps not.

I'm still waiting anyway. I'll blame the weekend for now

Release day delivery was spot on for me and I'm just in Toronto. Are you still waiting for yours?
"Cos every moment is a Bell X1 moment" - Rocky
Pigography = Sylvia
pigography

Postby Niftium » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:37 am

Got it yesterday. Listened to the first disc last night. I'll keep this brief: it's outstanding. This is the right way to do a live album - by avoiding the Live Album Pitfalls: (1) playing the songs note for note like the studio version, (2) presenting a poor recording, and (3) singing/playing badly/toasted.
Niftium

Postby Rocky » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:14 pm

pigography wrote:Release day delivery was spot on for me and I'm just in Toronto. Are you still waiting for yours?

Still nothing :( I'm anxiously awaiting the mailman today
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Rocky » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:13 pm

I was right to be hopeful. it landed in through the mailbox today. Photobook is probably a bit of a waste of time if I'm honest but nice to have all the same. I'm just listening to the first track now but I like it so far :D
Rocky

Postby peepingtom » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:41 pm

long time no post :)

I have to say that this Album has renewed my love for the bellies .... its absolutely mag-nif-i-cent

I'd love to hear a new album with new songs recorded like this

hope all are well!
__________________________________________________________________________________
peepingtom

Postby Niftium » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:13 pm

Idle speculation: I don't know if it was only because they were in Amsterdam at the time or not, but if the boys were playing "Amsterdam Says" live, maybe an earlier incarnation of the track-listing for BC included this track as an A-side...
Niftium

Postby Mully » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:50 am

peepingtom wrote:long time no post :)

I have to say that this Album has renewed my love for the bellies .... its absolutely mag-nif-i-cent

hope all are well!

Yeah, nice warm feeling to the album. I really like the slight reinterpretations of the some of the songs - Flame has a hint of Ten Paces about it.
Could really do without the Vicar St version of Great Defector ... The hand clap is a tad Late Late audience for me. But I expect Paul likes that.

Oh, & the recordings are not the first time the Bellies have played acoustically in Dublin (as Paul mentions) ... I do rememeber Music in Mouth been taken for a walk before it came out.
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Colm » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:42 pm

Mully wrote:
peepingtom wrote:long time no post :)

hope all are well!

Yeah, nice warm feeling to the album. I really like the slight reinterpretations of the some of the songs - Flame has a hint of Ten Paces about it.
Could really do without the Vicar St version of Great Defector ... The hand clap is a tad Late Late audience for me. But I expect Paul likes that.
Oh, & the recordings are not the first time the Bellies have played acoustically in Dublin (as Paul mentions) ... I do rememeber Music in Mouth been taken for a walk before it came out.

Ha, true enough! Can understand why they put it on though; it changes the pace a bit and is the only song on the album the audience are involved in.
Overall, it gets better with each listen, great stuff!
"If all time was but a day,
We'd show up around midnight and say hey"
Colm

Postby Nathalie » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:11 am

Welcome back Peepingtom ! I knew we hadn't lost you for good. And your reaction to the album is perfectly normal.

"But for the fans - it's an essential, an absolute treat of a double album which adds a whole new dimension of retrospective appreciation to the band's catalogue of work to date." Review by Elaine Buckley.

Loving that new album. The magnificent bellyboys stroke again. 8)
And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we're standing there alone.
Nathalie

Field Recordings - where to get a copy ?

Postby conradmtd » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:22 am

Hi I'm looking to know where to get the physical copy of the new Bell X1 album. I'm from the North and I've been to HMV Dundalk to buy a copy and had no joy. Is it being released in the UK soon and if so when and where ?

Amazon only have it on download but I'm a traditionalist and want a hard copy !
conradmtd

Re: Field Recordings - where to get a copy ?

Postby Mully » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:39 am

conradmtd wrote:Hi I'm looking to know where to get the physical copy of the new Bell X1 album. I'm from the North and I've been to HMV Dundalk to buy a copy and had no joy. Is it being released in the UK soon and if so when and where ?

Amazon only have it on download but I'm a traditionalist and want a hard copy !

You can get it from the lads themselves ...

http://bellx1.com/shop/music.htm
Mully

PreviousNext

Return to The BellyBoard