Field Recordings (Bell X1 acoustic album)

Moderator: Eoin

Field Recordings (Bell X1 acoustic album)

Postby Colm » Tue May 08, 2012 3:41 pm

The lads are releasing an album recorded on the last acoustic tour! :)

This was posted on facebook:

"In late 2010, to commemorate the 10 year anniversary of the release of our first record Neither Am I, we set out on an acoustic(ish) tour of North America & Europe.

With guitars, piano and an iPod, it was a very different take on the songs than what has ended up on the records - the three of us taking them back a few steps to how they were born in a lot of cases.

Phil Hayes, our friend and sound engineer, recorded most of the gigs, taking the desk mix and a couple of ambient microphones in in the room. He also took many photographs of the sky, us guys, buildings and food.

From this bounty we've put together Field Recordings, 21 songs and photography from the road, and are very grateful to Phil for it.

We have very fond memories of the tour, traveling as we did in little white vans, with James Vincent McMorrow in North America and John Smith in Europe.

In those small, frequently beautiful rooms we felt a little closer, and it was good to meet so many of yis after. As Bad Santa's t-shirt said, shit happens when you party naked...

Field Recordings will be available as a double CD or a limited edition (250 only, numbered) 40 page hardback photobook with CDs. Both packages will only be had from the Bell X1 online Shoppe. It will also be available from iTunes and most digital retailers on July 20th with PreOrders to begin next Monday, May 14th."
"If all time was but a day,
We'd show up around midnight and say hey"
Colm

Re: Field Recordings (Bell X1 acoustic album)

Postby stasia_k » Tue May 08, 2012 4:02 pm

Really excited to see this on FB this morning, so I decided to come over here to catch up. I didn't get to see the Bellies at all last year :( so this album will bring back good memories of 2010. Hope a track list is announced sooner rather than later!
stasia_k

Postby Colm » Tue May 15, 2012 1:40 pm

Pre-orders and tracklisting is here:

http://www.bellx1.com/shop/FieldRecordings.htm

Listen to In Every Sunflower and Bad Skin Day on soundcloud:

http://soundcloud.com/bell-x1/sets/field-recordings/
Colm

Postby Rocky » Tue May 15, 2012 11:32 pm

Already went for it. Went for the photo book thingy altogether for some reason. I haven't spent money on the Bellies in a long time so I said I may as well go all out
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Niftium » Thu May 17, 2012 2:18 am

I'm a sucker for the word deluxe. I trust the boys. 21 tracks sounds well worth it. Quite a stellar variety, too.
Niftium

Postby Mully » Thu May 17, 2012 9:03 am

Rocky wrote:Already went for it. Went for the photo book thingy altogether for some reason. I haven't spent money on the Bellies in a long time so I said I may as well go all out

Going to wait til payday at the end of the month ... Just wondering as I throw a cat among the pigeons ... as ithe photo pack costs over €20, do we get a copy of the CD/DVD of the Point gig as per the offer.

This would be pleasing to me as I left mine in Dublin. I think.
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby merch » Sun May 20, 2012 9:44 pm

Hey guys,

Yes, you will get a free copy of Tour De Flock with the Special Edition of Field Recordings!
i'm loving the merch, me
merch

Postby Mully » Mon May 21, 2012 4:41 pm

merch wrote:Hey guys,

Yes, you will get a free copy of Tour De Flock with the Special Edition of Field Recordings!

Great news, Merch ... Now kindly delete these posts before 250 people book before I do :wink:
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Rocky » Tue May 22, 2012 4:41 pm

Don't worry Mully I'll sell you mine for a 100% mark up as soon as i get bored with it
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Mully » Wed May 23, 2012 8:17 am

Rocky wrote:Don't worry Mully I'll sell you mine for a 100% mark up as soon as i get bored with it

Cheers Rocky, but you probably won't have the chance to get bored with it if the dvd is regional blocked. Merch sent it straight my way.
Mully

Postby Darren » Thu May 31, 2012 4:12 pm

Pretty cool I guess. Not many of the new songs on it which is great! They haven't made a class album since Flock though.

#BRINGBACKCROSBY
WEB: dizmonster.eu |TWITTER: @dizmonster
Darren

Postby shiv » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:11 pm

I couldnt allow for this in my very strict budgt this month and then thefirst 250 sold out! But my sister got me one as an early birthday present when they released the next batch. Really excited now!
shiv

Postby Nathalie » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:52 am

The eagle has landed! Just got the CDs, right on time before i'm off on holidays.

Thank you all at the Bell X1 factory! (With a bit of love for my postman too).

Enjoy the rest of the summer in great music. :D
And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we're standing there alone.
Nathalie

Postby Colm » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:24 am

Mine landed yesterday as well. Looks and sounds great! :D
Colm

Postby Mully » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:08 pm

I don't see the Photo one in the shoppe anymore, did I dallied too long on it ?

:(

Per chance, did one fall behind Brians bass ?
Mully

Next

Return to The BellyBoard