US / UK / Euro Tour dates

Moderator: Eoin

Re: US / UK / Euro Tour dates

Postby Colm » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:45 pm

Haven't been on here in ages, but was at the December 20 gig in Vicar St. and thought it was as good as ever. Nice mix of songs, starting with Rocky with just Paul and Dave and then the next couple of songs with Paul on drums. Was also great to hear First Born live for the first time in years. Paul had to ask for a bit of quiet for some of the gentler songs early on, but I thought things really got going from Tongue on.

Setlist was something like this:

Rocky Took A Lover
A Thousand Little Downers
Next To You
Starlings Over Brighton Pier
Velcro
Diorama
Bad Skin Day
Tongue
The Great Defector
Eve, The Apple of My Eye
My First Born For A Song
Flame
The End Is Nigh

Move On Up
Alphabet Soup
Careful What You Wish For

Cool video of The End Is Nigh here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SvMdenJ ... e=youtu.be
"If all time was but a day,
We'd show up around midnight and say hey"
Colm

Postby Rocky » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:15 am

Booked my ticket for the Cambridge gig on Tuesday. Flying solo at a gig for the first time. Very much looking forward to it because I can just walk home after it too.
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Eoin » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:53 pm

A thing I discovered from going to gigs alone is that the amount of time waiting between sets is much longer than you realise.
Eoin

Postby Rocky » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:19 pm

For the first time ever I think , I didn't even attempt to catch any part of the warm up act, mainly because of that fact. Also, I had never heard of Gabriel Kahane.

The boys were in great form last night anyway. It was the first night of the tour so there was some mistakes and rust, but Paul ironed over them with his usual wit. He drew quite a few laughs last night actually. Nice little set. They played for about 90 mins including encore. They opened with Feint Praise and closed on The End is Nigh. Flame was the one that really got people moving, but they did stripped back versions of Eve and I'll See Your Heart and you could have heart a pin drop which was nice.
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Previous

Return to The BellyBoard