[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The BellyBoard • View topic - Chop Chop!

Chop Chop!

Moderator: Eoin

Chop Chop!

Postby trickster » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:27 am

New album incoming. The concert hall gig should be interesting, sounds like its an entire play through of the album.
"I'm love me, love me, love me, i'm a small bit of a prick, i got the meat sweats from this real politic"
trickster

Re: Chop Chop!

Postby Mully » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:17 pm

I wonder if the title is reference to the speed of the new release ?

I would hope that the NCH wouldn't be the new album, in order. I remember The Frames doing similar a few years ago. It was a horrible way to play a new album to an unfamiliar audience.
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Rocky » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:42 pm

I don't really like Starlings Over Brighton Pier. Sorry guys
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Niftium » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:38 am

It reminds me of the tinkly piano in Radiohead's "Bloom." Doesn't sound like a single, but I like the mellow vibe. Seems more BLotR than BC.
Niftium

Postby Nathalie » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:52 pm

I like that new song, although i have only listened to it 2 or 3 times. Would be nice to listen to the full album altogether rather than bits by bits.

Ticket for NCH bought. 5th row, right in the center stage. So close I will be able to wink at Paul. :D

Really looking forward to that gig. Saw Damien Dempsey twice there. It brings a whole new vibe to the gig. It's so quiet, emotions are right under your skin. Can't wait. Bring on the summer!
Nathalie

Postby BellyUp1977 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:02 pm

I really like Starlings...LOVE it actually. Does have a Radiohead King of Limbs vibe all right.
Flaaaaaaaaaame!!!
BellyUp1977

Postby Colm » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:13 pm

Video up now for Starlings:

It definitely does have a bang of King of Limbs off it.

Also, a radio session with a new song called Drive-By Summer and an acoustic version of Rocky from 1hr 26mins in here:
http://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/rte ... %2D2013%3A
"If all time was but a day,
We'd show up around midnight and say hey"
Colm

Postby Colm » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:34 pm

Gigs also announced for July at the Marquee in Cork and the Iveagh Gardens in Dublin.
Colm

Postby Eoin » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:32 am

Eoin

Postby Mully » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:33 pm

Chopping board. Genius.
"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Nathalie » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:41 pm

I know but i've decided not to go for it. Will probably regret it. But again, i've my mug already.

And what's with the kitchen theme?
Nathalie

Postby Colm » Wed May 01, 2013 5:34 pm

I'm usually a sucker for this kind of thing but funds won't allow this time.

It seems that the NCH gig will be a run-through of the new album, followed by an interval and then "the hits", according to Paul in this interview :

http://www.theregoesthefear.com/?p=50161
Colm

Postby Eoin » Sat May 11, 2013 9:36 pm

Eoin

Postby Darren » Wed May 15, 2013 6:31 pm

I have to say the 3 songs I've heard from CC are very good. You can preview the whole album on amazon. 30 seconds init.
WEB: dizmonster.eu |TWITTER: @dizmonster
Darren

Postby trickster » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:06 am

Chop Chop

On first listen I was a bit iffy about it, but on repeated listens, and with the songs sinking in, it's sounding very beautiful. Some might be disappointed there's no real 'loud' songs, and I am a little, but the gentle, stripped down theme on the album is done so well

I'm really enjoying 'Feint Praise', Paul's voice on it sounds so pure and it flows so well. The tune is fantastic. I wasn't a huge fan of 'Drive-By Summer' on first listen but like a lot of the songs, with some more spins it's really sinking in and it becomes more accessible. There's not really a track I dislike as of yet.

Favourite lyric so far :D (from Drive-By Summer) "Laughing at the people in the garden centre, my papa says they must all be mental. All this shit will be dead next week...."

On another note, it's a bit sad to see it so quiet around here even when the album is out this week :(
"I'm love me, love me, love me, i'm a small bit of a prick, i got the meat sweats from this real politic"
trickster

Next

Return to The BellyBoard