[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The BellyBoard • View topic - Chop Chop!

Chop Chop!

Moderator: Eoin

Re: Chop Chop!

Postby Eoin » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:59 pm

Eoin

Postby Mully » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:50 am

"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby peepingtom » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:44 pm

__________________________________________________________________________________
peepingtom

Postby Darren » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:55 pm

WEB: dizmonster.eu |TWITTER: @dizmonster
Darren

Postby Eoin » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:03 pm

Nah, Bloodless Coup is the more consistent album for sure. It has a clearer artistic vision. The composition in Flock is less congruous and the production doesn't suit the songs as well as it could have. I think the last two are great in that regard - the production reminds me of Music in Mouth.
Eoin

Postby peepingtom » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:27 pm

I agree with Eoin
__________________________________________________________________________________
peepingtom

Postby Darren » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:15 pm

Got tickets for the gig tonight, haven't seen them since their last SAVOY appearance. Come to think of it, this is my first gig in probably a year.. :(
Darren

Postby Nathalie » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:17 am

I've now given the album a few proper listenings and it's the album of my summer. the piano intro is genius (Darren how can you not like it??). it grabs you by the hand, and you go run with them. i like its more mellow pace, with some heavy moments here and there (brass + big drums = :D) (spot the non musician). Dave brings yet another heart stopping melody with Diorama. Silky. Motorcades is my least favourite. Feint praise has now fully grown on me. And the End is nigh is a sure gig anthem. Fantastic live.

brian's left, they've moved on and it's great. new styles, new tunes, new sounds and still so bellexian. back with Flock they've been compared to radiohead (no offense but i thought that was a bit much), but now. with quite a few albums, i can see how, like radiohead, they manage to evolve and remain very good. basically, they keep delivering. they're solid.
Nathalie

Postby peepingtom » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:12 am

motorcades is lovely .... Faint Praise could have been an alternative motown classic!
peepingtom

Postby Darren » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:10 pm

I take back what I said about CHOP CHOP.. the album is fantastic.. only shit BX1 album is blue lights now imo.

#BELLY4LIFE
Darren

Postby Mully » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:38 pm

"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Niftium » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:21 am

Niftium

Postby Eoin » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:45 pm

I actually can't remember what the quibbles were - was it about the mastering?

Chop Chop is relatively dynamic overall (more than BC I would say), though it still seems to slow into the brickwall in the way that all records of the day do. I think it comes out of it quite well - you can hear it perfectly well listening on the bus, but it retains respectable transients and dynamic range if you're listening somewhere more conducive to the enjoyment of nuance. There's no sign of digital clipping through my portable player, though I haven't listened through my studio DAC yet - I might give it a go at the weekend. The Mytek reveals all.
Eoin

Postby Darren » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:34 pm

Darren

Postby Niftium » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:52 am

Niftium

Previous

Return to The BellyBoard