[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The BellyBoard • View topic - Paul Noonan Solo

Paul Noonan Solo

Moderator: Eoin

Paul Noonan Solo

Postby thedefector » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:34 pm

Any new news on Paul's solo project at all? It was reported in Feb 2012, and album expect late the same year.....
thedefector

Re: Paul Noonan Solo

Postby Rocky » Wed May 07, 2014 4:54 am

I definitely love what I've heard so far from this. Apparatchik was my clear favourite yesterday, enhanced only by the fact that it has plenty of Lisa on it. Today, I am definitely leaning towards If I Had Your Grace and also have a new appreciation for Vapour Trail. Really looking forward to hearing the entire album. For anyone who hasn't heard any of it:
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby trickster » Wed May 07, 2014 7:43 am

Good to see even a little activity on here.

Really liking what ive heard too, 'If I Had Your Grace' is very beautiful and 'Apparatchik' is fantastic too, plenty of Lisa is always a good thing :mrgreen:

I'm very sorry now I wont be around for the show on the 24th :(
"I'm love me, love me, love me, i'm a small bit of a prick, i got the meat sweats from this real politic"
trickster

Postby trickster » Sun May 18, 2014 2:11 am

Pretty quiet here lately, but anyway

Bell X1's bonus track on Blue Lights 'The Snowman' has turned up on Paul's solo album 'The Right Sleeve' and beautiful it is, sang with Gemma Hayes.

By the way speaking of which, does anyone have the Bell X1 version of it that had a really rocky guitar outro, used to have it saved but can't find it now.
"I'm love me, love me, love me, i'm a small bit of a prick, i got the meat sweats from this real politic"
trickster

Postby Darren » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:24 pm

Album is quite decent but feel it could have been so much better.
WEB: dizmonster.eu |TWITTER: @dizmonster
Darren

Postby Rocky » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:15 am

All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

Postby Mr Benn » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:22 am

I grabbed a rip of the National Concert Hall stream if anyone would like it?

Also, Rocky my man, what's the craic? Still in Boston these days?
"Your skin is something that I stir into my tea"
Joanna Newsom

Mr Benn

Postby Rocky » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:35 am

I would definitely love a copy of that.

I am still in Boston. Moving from the suburbs into Somerville on Wednesday so that's very exciting. Then in another month I'm going back to Ireland for a few weeks to see the family and get married and all that stuff. It's an exciting time to be me right now.

You moved to Texas the last time I heard? Are you still there?
Rocky

Postby Mr Benn » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:01 am

Am indeed, though the plan is to move out to California in January/February hopefully. Had planned on moving this year but visa stuff got in the way.

What part of Somerville? Used to live in Porter Square myself.

Will send you a link to that recording once I've split out the tracks.
Joanna Newsom

Mr Benn

Postby Rocky » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:51 pm

Oh sounds good. You're really getting around the country which is pretty cool. What part of California (although there could be 6 Californias soon apparently)?

I live on Beacon Street right beside The Thirsty Scholar and a 2 minute walk from Inman Square. It's pretty much on the Somerville / Cambridge line, about a 20 min walk from Porter Square. I'm slowly re-establishing my relationship with Porter Square. When I got here first and had dreams of working in a grassroots organization interested in the greater good, I spent two days knocking on doors around Porter Square begging people for money. I quit after the second day. It's a really nice area though.
Rocky

Postby Mr Benn » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:30 am

Joanna Newsom

Mr Benn

Postby Rocky » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:00 pm

Don't worry, replying late seems to be the flavor of the month around here. I have yet to see San Francisco but the wife (still feels weird) loves it and my uncle is there so I'm sure I'll get there some day. There are other shenanigans afoot for me Saturday night so I won't be able to check out Storyman.

Any sign of that PC gig? :mrgreen:
Rocky

Postby Mr Benn » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:35 am

Haha I'm useless I know :mrgreen:

Flying back to Ireland on Friday, so will be a hectic next few days, but you'll have it within the week!
Joanna Newsom

Mr Benn

Return to The BellyBoard