[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The BellyBoard • View topic - News/Reviews

News/Reviews

Moderator: Eoin

Re: News/Reviews

Postby Redgrelda » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:06 am

Redgrelda

Postby edithgonne » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:11 am

There Must and Shall Be Aspirin!
edithgonne

Postby pigography » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:04 pm

Found an old radio interview from when the Bellies were in Boston last March.
I quite enjoyed this as Paul and Dave were feeling rather cheeky. :D
pigography

Postby Aoife » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:30 pm

Aoife

Postby pigography » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:47 am

I listened to it again to get all the good bits. I love how Paul and Dave handle the interviewer's rather odd comments, all the while being the perfect gentlemen, sans snarkiness or attitude - masterfully done. :D

The interviewer asked where the name Bell X1 came from.
Dave: It was a NASA experiment; the first rocket to break the sound barrier. What year was that actually?
Paul: *in his best scholarly voice* Why that would be 1947 Dave.

After they played Bad Skin Day, the interviewer notes, "I have to say, you've beautiful skin - looking at both of you".
Paul: Well thank you. We've had a bit of work done.

The interviewer asked about Damien and declared that "he left Juniper and became a superstar".
Paul: Superstar? Is he a superstar?
Dave: We never heard from him again. He just left, disappeared.
Paul: He's in Tuscany growing vegetables as far as I know.

The interviewer asked Paul who shaped his voice when he was growing up/who he listened to.
Paul: David Byrne was a big influence. As a kid, I remember looking at videos, Talking Heads' videos, for songs like Road To Nowhere where there'd be this comedic daft element, which is very attractive. Even as a child you're very much drawn to that. I've always loved how unmacho they were, which has been quite an inspiration.
Interviewer: I would have to say, that is a word I would use for Bell X1: unmacho.
Paul kindly replied that there are some guitar moments and something about monitors that I couldn't make out. But what an odd thing to say. I don't think of Bell X1 as unmacho. :?

What piqued my interest was when Paul said the band used to swap instruments on stage but don't do that anymore as it caused a lot of falling over each other's gears. That would've been fun to see - someone should yell BELLIES FIRE DRILL! at their next gig.
pigography

Postby Aoife » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:43 pm

Pigo - that was more than I expected, but thanks a lot for taking the time!
I owe you ;)

As for the 'unmacho' comment...yeah, that kind of fits :lol:
Aoife

Postby pigography » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:54 pm

Can you tell that I had a wee bit of time on my hands? :lol:

:( Nobody was online this weekend, it was very lonely *insert field cricket chirping*
pigography

Postby Eoin » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:09 am

I was around a bit, but I'm more of a "reactive" poster.
Eoin

Postby pigography » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:40 am

I didn't see you - were you hidden? I was checking the board in between movies. Yeah, I caught up on a few...does 5 count as a few? Sigh. I. need. to. get. out. more. :(
pigography

Postby Mully » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:45 am

"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Aoife » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:53 pm

Aoife

Postby pigography » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:16 pm

Everyone leaves Dublin in the summer?
It's the opposite here; everyone leaves Toronto in the winter when all your nose hairs have froze because it's -20 degrees outside! :lol:
pigography

Postby Aoife » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:45 pm

Not quite a mass exodus, but it does get noticeably quieter, especially since the weather's been so changeable :?

-20. Jaysus. :shock: The sun's just come out here after a day of heavy rain. I guess we don't have it all that bad :)
Aoife

Postby Eoin » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:20 pm

Eoin

Postby edithgonne » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:04 am

There Must and Shall Be Aspirin!
edithgonne

PreviousNext

Return to The BellyBoard