[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The BellyBoard • View topic - Bell X1 in That's Live and Paradiso, Amsterdam May 9th, 2009

Bell X1 in That's Live and Paradiso, Amsterdam May 9th, 2009

Moderator: Eoin

Bell X1 in That's Live and Paradiso, Amsterdam May 9th, 2009

Postby Klaartje » Sat May 09, 2009 8:41 am

Hey everyone,

I thought I'd registered here before, but apparently I hadn't.
Anyway, just wanted to let you know that the Bellies will be on Dutch radio this afternoon. It is a show called That's Live. Usually the bands play about four songs and there are a couple of interviews (generally these are quite funny). The show has an audience as well.
You can listen online at . The show is broadcasted between 18:00h and 20:00h Dutch time, so that'll be 17:00h-19:00h for most of you.

I'm off to go to the show and then to Amsterdam for the Paradiso gig.. it's a belly day :D

Klaartje
Last edited by Klaartje on Sun May 10, 2009 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Klaartje

Re: Bell X1 in That's Live

Postby lilac*mess » Sat May 09, 2009 9:12 am

Hi Klaartje, love your name :) welcome. Will have a listen to that, thanks.
lilac*mess

Re: Bell X1 in That's Live

Postby Klaartje » Sun May 10, 2009 8:14 am

I had such an amazing day yesterday! Paul and Dave played four accoustic songs at the radio-show: The Great Defector, Ribs Of A Broken Umbrella, How Your Heart Is Wired and a cover of I Fought The Law by The Clash. You can listen to the show here: . Just click on the word 'hier' under the heading 'uitzending'. I got to ask them a question, which is somewhere in the second hour. Somehow Paul ended up using the word sausage in the answer to my question :? All the items (songs/interviews) are spread over the two hour show.
It was a lot of fun to see them walking around there. Dave still knows my name, bless him. Don't ask how he pronounces it, haha.

The Paradiso gig was rather wonderful as well. They played a lot of new songs and they were very cheerful. Paul was wearing the worst blue trousers, but he made up for it with some lovely Dutch banter. I love the new songs live, they work so well. The only song I really missed was Trampoline, that's my absolute favourite Bell X1 song. I was hoping they'd play Blow Ins, but they didn't. Coming to think of it, I have a setlist in my purse (I'm sorry, it's very early and last night it was very late)

They played:
Heart Is Wired
Bad Skin
Next To You
Ribs
First Born
Eve
The Great Defector
Tongue
Flame
Better Band
Rocky
---
Amelia (not on the setlist, dedicated to Duke Special)
ABC
Heart

Even though I love the new songs, highlights were still the old songs for me. Next To You was brilliant as always and Eve and Heart were achingly beautiful. Marc is interesting, he scared me a bit at first but he's really nice actually, I had a little chat with him afterwards. Talked to Paul for a bit as well. He noticed I was wearing a Delorentos shirt (mission accomplished ;)). He said they are hoping to play Lowlands, which is a Dutch festival. That would be pretty amazing if they did, I love the festival. Actually I don't remember too well what we talked about. I wasn't as intimidated as the first time I met him, but still..

To summarise in short: what a wonderful day. I do love this band :D
Klaartje

Re: Bell X1 in That's Live and Paradiso, Amsterdam May 9th, 2009

Postby pigography » Mon May 11, 2009 5:26 am

WAHEY! Klaartje, you made it over! :D

I'm glad to hear that you had such a wonderful belly day. I'm listening to That's Live now... I'm curious as to what question you asked Paul to provoke an answer like 'sausage'. :lol:
pigography

Postby pigography » Mon May 11, 2009 5:58 am

:lol: Paul's favourite Dutch word. Dare I ask what it means?
pigography

Postby Klaartje » Mon May 11, 2009 8:09 am

It was sausage machine actually.. but I still kind of burst out laughing when he said it. They were so sweet, they thanked me for the question afterwards.

Paul's favourite Dutch word means goddammit. I find it a rather horrible curse, so I was a bit disappointed when he said it.
Klaartje

Postby Klaartje » Mon May 11, 2009 7:03 pm

My friend put some pictures online, you can find them here:
Klaartje

Postby pigography » Tue May 12, 2009 4:32 am

pigography

Postby Klaartje » Tue May 12, 2009 8:28 am

I have a problem with religious curses, even though I'm not religious. For instance, I don't mind the c word so much because I don't see how it could really offend someone. But with religious curses it's different. It really is true that these kind of words have different weights in English or Dutch.
Klaartje

Postby lilac*mess » Tue May 12, 2009 10:14 am

Ah I know that one, it's just about the only Dutch word I do know... I had a friend from Holland who used it all the time. Have to say, linguistically it does have a nice sound and shape.
lilac*mess

Postby Eoin » Tue May 12, 2009 10:23 am

I think in recent years there's a sort of kitsch fondness for religious curses in Ireland.
Eoin

Postby pigography » Tue May 12, 2009 4:50 pm

It reminds me of an old Irish lady I know. Her curse word is 'Christ!' and if she's really pissed, she uses first names 'Jesus Mary Joseph!' all in one slur. :lol:
pigography

Postby Nathalie » Wed May 13, 2009 12:06 am

The french always find the french-canadian insults hilarious. they use a lot of religious terms like "câlisse" which would be the equivalent of "shit" but yet originally refers to the golden cup used by priests to drink wine during mass or again "tabernacle". sounds like they're just out of the 17th century or something. cra-zy! :lol:
Nathalie

Return to The BellyBoard