[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The BellyBoard • View topic - David Geraghty solo

David Geraghty solo

Moderator: Eoin

Re: David Geraghty solo

Postby Oscar » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:37 pm

Am nearly sure its at 6 in HMV Grafton St
Oscar

Postby Mully » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:50 pm

got this email.

Dave from BELL X1 here

I wanted to offer you a small taste of what’s to come with the release of my forthcoming solo album, The Victory Dance, due for release on 28 August 2009.

So to download your free copy of the first single,‘Tuesday’s Feet’, please go to the following page on my website:

"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Nathalie » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:05 pm

Nathalie

Postby Mully » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:28 pm

"The band that is now the core of BELL X1 but at the time had a lead singer called Damien Rice - and what became of them all - sank into obscurity no doubt!" Dan Hegarty, 2FM 2006 (with tongue firmly in cheek)
Mully

Postby Nathalie » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:01 pm

Nathalie

Postby joiyua » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:13 pm

yay, maybe I'll go there too. we'll see :)
joiyua

Postby Mully » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:26 pm

Mully

Postby Nathalie » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:55 am

So Lilac and myself went to see Dave. It was a fairly intimate set as not that many people turned up.
Dave on guitars/banjo, Tiger Cooke and Clare Finglas played a lovely gig. Marc Aubele (Mister new Brian) was there too as sound engineer (or something like that).
The new album seems to be in a similar vein as the first one, well written and soft like Dave's voice.
As we were waiting for the signing, Lilac and myself got to meet Joiyua. A beautiful and tall swedish fan we have there!
Talked to all of them and got the album signed by everybody. Did have a wee talk with Marc, asking him for a spare VIP pass for the EP. that didn't work. think i'm losing it. And, I don't think he realised it, but as i was asking if he was the Marc from Bell X1 on stage (wasn't super sure at first. think he changed his hair again), i (very very very gently) pressed my fist against him, kinda saying, you stole HIS place. :mrgreen:

A special little music moment to finish a difficult work week. Wishing Dave and his crew all the best! And thumb up for a real nice wee price on the album. much appreciated!!
Nathalie

Postby joiyua » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:31 pm

Aw, yeah, it was nice to meet you both :)

I was surprised that not more people showed up at the signing.
I've only listened to the cd one time, but I think I like it more than "Kill your darlings" (I bought "Kill your darlings" last week and have only listened to two times, so I don't think my opinion is worth trusting here, haha).
joiyua

Postby shiv » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:02 am

Well i would have been there if not for this desert i'm stuck in!
(a few dingos lurking around Nat but not many).......

But I've gotten me a new laptop and the first thing i did was order my signed copy of the new album.........i'm very excited!!!!
shiv

Postby Oscar » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:35 am

Lovely gig in HMV Albums great
Oscar

Postby lilac*mess » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:38 pm

lilac*mess

Postby Mully » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:26 am

Mully

Postby lilac*mess » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:41 pm

:mrgreen: That's a blast from the past, do they even make Bounce anymore..?
lilac*mess

Postby Rocky » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:22 pm

All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. - Noam Chomsky
Rocky

PreviousNext

Return to The BellyBoard