Only the Good Ones

Moderator: Eoin

Only the Good Ones

Postby onlythegoodones » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:31 am

Dublin band DORIS releases single to raise funds for
Barretstown and The Irish Hospice Foundation
‘Only The Good Ones’ released on Friday 20th November and
launch gig on Saturday 21st at The Village

A life changing moment of great sadness has become a life force for good. Dublin band Doris’s lead singer, Phil Redmond, wrote a song titled ‘Only The Good Ones’ after the sudden death of his 11 year old cousin, Luke Redmond.

“On hearing all the lovely stories people shared about him and remembering family and friends saying ‘Sure he only takes the good ones’, and thinking how true it was in Luke’s case, I got the inspiration to write the song”, Phil reflects. “I felt I needed to do something positive with the song and when it was suggested that we release it as a charity single, I knew it was the right thing to do.”

Along with the CD single which is released on Friday 20th November it led to the band members, friends and family getting together to form a committee of the same name and website www.onlythegoodones.ie to help raise funds for Barretstown and The Irish Hospice Foundation. Everyone involved has experienced the loss of a close relative and having witnessed the great care and work of the medical staff they felt empowered to raise as much as possible for the Irish charities. Reaching number 1 in the charts is what they have set as their goal!

The CD single is available for purchase nationwide for €3.00 as well as a digital download from www.downloadmusic.ie for 99 cent. The official launch gig takes place the following night Saturday 21st November at The Village, Wexford Street, Dublin 2. Supporting headliners Doris are Junah, Identity Parade, Tuner, Oliver Cole (Turn), Kevin McEvoy and DC Tempest. Tickets are €12.50 and available from the WAV Box Office on Camden Row, Dublin 2 and Lo-call 1890 200 078.
In addition to the sale of the single and launch gig at The Village, an auction of two acoustic guitars signed by Imelda May, The Coronas, The Blizzards, The Flaws, Lisa Hannigan, The Chapters, Delorentos, and classical guitarist John Feeley. Many more stars from Ireland’s music industry will be signing the guitars and details regarding the date for the auction are soon to be announced.
onlythegoodones

Return to The BellyBoard