[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The BellyBoard • View topic - 10 years on

10 years on

Moderator: Eoin

10 years on

Postby Andy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:45 pm

It just struck me that it's over ten years now since I first had the pleasure of seeing Bellx1. I remember it vaguely. I was wandering out into the main field at Witnness and I heard a kind of nice sounding noise filtering up the field. I decided not to piss about and just head straight up there with the girlfriend, rather than stand about yapping to the bunch that had just assembled. Didn't really know who they were but I knew I liked it and either worked it out from the lineup/running order or heard em say it. It wasn't long before I had Neither am I and was attending every other gig I could get to. Good times. Lots of memories. Thanks.
Andy

Re: 10 years on

Postby Nathalie » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:42 am

i'm only half way there. 5 years since my first close encounter with the bellies. will celebrate it in November. :D
Nathalie

Postby Eoin » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:58 am

Urg, I can't believe it's twelve years since Weatherman. Speeding towards the grave...
Eoin

Postby shiv » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:36 pm

I was introduced to Juniper first by my sister who was in college at the time. She got my bro tickets to their olympia gig and the weatherman single for his birthday and we just played the single constantly. I was too young to see them live but I was promised I'd get to go eventually. Then my sis came home one weekend to tell me that the rumours were true and that they'd broken up. Then a while later, she came home to say that there was going to be a new band and that she couldn't remember what they were called but there was a number in it. I got the album once it came out and finally got to see them live supporting bon jovi and then properly in vicar street '03 when i started college.
My lovely juniper single got stolen at a house party in '99. Four years later I got my hands on a full cd of those early demos................but thats another story 8)
shiv

Postby Andy » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:19 pm

Andy

Return to The BellyBoard