[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The BellyBoard • View topic - Chop Chop Vinyl - Arrived with cover damaged

Chop Chop Vinyl - Arrived with cover damaged

Moderator: Eoin

Chop Chop Vinyl - Arrived with cover damaged

Postby peepingtom » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:17 pm

Hi All,

I know I've been pretty quiet around here for the last ..... jesus 3 years .... (thats what kids do to you), but I am still an avid music fan and I was really looking forward to my signed Chop Chop on vinyl arriving.

Unfortunately it has arrived today with the cover damaged... looks like someone dropped it on the hinge of the packaging, so it has a dent and a tear on the inner and outer sleeve.

So I did what I think most people would have done, and contacted Bell X1 Merch with the issue in a nice polite email.

I was however very suprised to be told that they wont be replacing the item, as the record itself seems to be OK.

Now.... I KNOW if I bought this from someone like Amazon and contacted them, they would instantly offer to replace the item (as I know from experience).

So I am writing this, wondering why I should not expect the same experience when I buy directly from a Band I have followed and supported for nearly 15 years?

I am so disappointed right now. I know this is not the end of the world, and there are people out there in worst situations than me, but I have just spent €25 on something that was going to be a treasured item, and because of the response I got, I just want to chuck it in the bin. Now, I was offered tour de flock on DVD (which I have, so is absolutely no good to me) as compensation by Amy, who in fairness was very polite, and only followed instructions from her manager, but I dont think this is the correct response at all.

Now, I know that damaged goods are a consideration of the Sale of goods Act, but I'm not sure whether the cover of an LP would be considered part of the Goods in law, even though it is 100% part of the goods in my mind.

Anyway, I'm not happy and just wanted to vent. Sorry about that.

Matt
__________________________________________________________________________________
peepingtom

Re: Chop Chop Vinyl - Arrived with cover damaged

Postby peepingtom » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:44 pm

They appear to have changed their minds and are sending me a new sleeve out
__________________________________________________________________________________
peepingtom

Postby Nathalie » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:20 am

See. Never give up on this band. They're royal.
Nathalie

Postby peepingtom » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:26 am

ha ha .... it seesm the band insisted I got a replacement ... still a bit disappointed with the original response mind :)

loving the new album by the way.... back to their melancholy best!
peepingtom

Return to The BellyBoard